CSC Podcast 003 – Coffee Shop Chat – How to Find Emotional Support for your Diet
Here at LifehackrDiet we are experimenting with a new podcast format in addition to our existing one.
“Coffee Shop Chat” is an informal podcast where Paul Michaels from LifehackrDiet.com, discussed readers/listeners questions about their “struggles”.
This podcast concentrates on small, simple and actionable tips that can help solve everyday challenges.
“What do you do if a friend or significant other does not support my wellness journey?”
– Anonymous LifehackrDiet.com reader/listener
The bottom line is if someone does not support your wellness journey, then they need to get onboard or stand down. Before you get to that point, you need to realize that influence is a two-way street. With some simple tips, you can turn a possibly antagonistic situation into a positive journey for everyone!
Here is some real life advice with a couple of examples that show how you can be a positive influence on your social circle.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- You need to be strong-willed and consistent with your positive actions.
- Why people that don’t support your changes need to accept them or get out of the way.
- Your actions influence the people you hang out with as much as their actions influence you. Knowing this, you can be a positive influence on your social circle.
- By acting consistently and quietly, you will see how your positive influence ripples through people’s lives.
Plus more great tips.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
James Altucher, 10 Things The Aliens Forgot To Tell Us When They Left Us Here
- Amee Groth – Business Insider, You’re The Average Of The Five People You Spend The Most Time With.
- Giving up good chocolate ice cream has been a gradual process over a year or so but when I discovered Dole Banana Dippers at a 100Kcal a serving I had finally found a worthy alternative.
Thanks for LISTENING!
Thank you again for your support,
Please join the conversation and leave a comment below. I can’t wait to hear what you have to say.
© 2015, Man Mountain Productions, Inc.