LHD Podcast 017: LISTEN HERE;
LHD 017: How to Stop Drinking Soda: Awesome Steps for Success
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Two out of three adults and one out of three children in the United States are overweight or obese and sugar sweetened soda is a major contributor to this problem.
- Diet soda is calorie-free, but it won’t necessarily help you lose weight.
- Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses (8x8 rule).
- Water is a necessity, but it is also a tool that you can use to reach your goals.
- I had to figure out a way to slowly reduce my psychological dependence on “sweetness” and the addictive feeling of the “sparkling” carbonation in sodas.
- A simple strategy of reducing your dependence on the sweet taste of sugar and diet sodas.
- How to empower yourself to save money and drink healthier soda beverages (Spritzers) plus have less of an environmental impact…
- Paul had a problem: he doesn’t like to drink plain water because it “feels” and “tastes” so dull. Find out how that is still the case but he loves drinking flavorful water with lots of “mouth feel.”
- What is an “Infused Water”, how to make them and why they are so AWESOME!!!
Plus more great tips.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Harvard Nutrition Source “Sugary Drinks” Fact Sheet.
- 10 Reasons to Give Up Diet Soda
- How Much Water Should You Drink Per Day?
- Water consumption increases weight loss during a hypocaloric diet intervention in middle-aged and older adults.
- The Sodastream Carbonation system I love and have been using for over 5 years.
- Here’s How Much Soda You Have To Drink To Make It Worth Buying Your Own SodaStream.
- Starwest Botanicals Ginger Root Tea
- Infused Waters List
- Nutrition Stripped Infused Waters List
- Ball Mason Jars that are perfect for making your Infused Waters in.
- I like sucking down my water with this Mason Jar attachment.
By quitting soda, you will stop consuming wasted calories and unnecessary chemicals that get in the way of you losing weight and regaining your wellness.
Thanks for LISTENING!
Thank you again for your support,
Please join the conversation and leave a comment below. I can’t wait to hear what you have to say.
© 2015, Man Mountain Productions, Inc.